I decided to run for student government next year... a huge time commitment for a week of campaigning! So far, so good. Voting starts on Thursday and ends Friday evening, so I'll either be a really happy camper or just an exhausted camper on Friday night.
Check out the campaign:
www.lark4vpexec.blogspot.com
It's busy busy busy at the house, at school, and in getting things done before spring break. Yesterday, I "taught" a 45-minute section on Pow Wows, questioning whether or not they are a form of native cultural restoration, if they've been appropriated by mainstream U.S. culture, and if there's room for blending of cultures at Pow Wows, like hip hop and traditional native dance. Pretty great conversations were happening, and it was absolutely convenient to be handling this topic the week after Willamette's Social Pow Wow.
Can't wait to visit Walla Walla and spend the rest of the week at h-o-m-e! Sleep, movies, playing with Leroy, and lots of hugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm hoping Leroy will be back home by the time you get h-o-m-e....but you can still come visit.
Jud
Post a Comment