My job title this year was Cabin 1 Counselor, very different from the past summers at Camp Ida-Haven. I've worked in the kitchen, taught gymnastics, drama and watersports, but never had a cabin of my own. I met upwards of 60 young girls and women, and spent countless hours playing and learning from them. The theme for the cabin was "Sheroes," like "heroes" only feminized. Why not "Heroines," you ask. Well, cuz sheroes sounds cooler. I put up quotes around the cabin from women, about women, or just plain inspirational or wise to go with the theme for the summer, "Quote This." I don't know how successful I was, but I tried to encourage self confidence and integrity, love and compassion, honesty and courage, and F-U-N! Here are pictures from each of the weeks (lost the pics from Cub camp due to computer poop-out):
JUNIOR CAMP, ages 10-11
Larkin and Natalie, silly faces.
My precious girls, Emily, Hannah, and Natalie.
Emily and Madison
The whole gang.
TWEEN CAMP, ages 11-12
Madelon and Savanna
Annie
Sabbath morning
EARLITEEN CAMP, ages 12-13
Top Ten fun.
More.
Here they are, dolled up and ready for church.
TEEN CAMP, ages 13-15
Carlie with Becca's hair.
Making hemp bracelets and necklaces, supplies and skills courtesy of Sofia.
Hangin and fun-in on the beach.
One of my first campers EVER, Bridget.
Cabin 1 Sheroes, Teen Camp 2008
No comments:
Post a Comment