Monday, September 22, 2008

The Retreat and The Move

We retreated to the country with newly-elected senators. Well, to Silverton the city, that is. Canyonview camp was our location, and it proved to be perfect for our needs and agenda. Food, meeting, and lodging was all in the same building. We cleared up expectations, did some basic position-specific training, and begun the brainstorming and to-do list making to get the ball rolling. We seem to have a lot of energy and ideas, and enough knowledge from returners to steer us in the right direction. I was very encouraged by the input from all members, and especially by the positive interaction happening after just a few hours of working together. We finished our Friday sessions at 9:30pm, but folks were up until at least midnight hanging out. Now, if I can find ways to keep the energy and productivity high as we get busier and deeper in to the semester... we'll be just fine!

Pics soon to come, but the big news is I have moved! I feel great in my new apartment space, and am confident in my decision to re-locate. The only catch thus-far is the absence of a microwave. That makes left-overs a bit less convenient... I'll have to develop a system of eating lunch in the Bistro on campus, or something. But, I love the space and I love the location. It makes the thought of a 7:15am meeting tomorrow a little more bearable.

Off to think dinner thoughts, type up some homework, and then play some volleyball!

No comments: