Thursday, July 9, 2009

Salem-Richland-LaGrande-Boise-McCall-Boise-LaGrande-Salem

'Twas a whirlwind trip, but that's exactly what I was expecting!

Left Salem on Tuesday morning to meet Grandma Janet in Richland, Sibyl's home. We visited over lunch and a Puerto Rico photo album and were shoo-ed away at 4pm so we'd make it to LaGrande by dusk and just in time for dinner. I feel very lucky to have seen all 3 grand sisters in the span of a month. :)



Grandma and I treated ourselves to Mexican at La Fiesta before we stopped in at the Hathaways' for a visit. I can't wait to hear more about Ivi's trip and Nik's summer classes! I'm assuming Kim and Lawrence made it to and from Portland safely, though I'm sure both were exhausted. Wednesday morning we had little smokies and eggs--can't break tradition--before we drove to see the site of Grandpa Doug's party and the gravestone. I think everybody who might read this got to be there the day of, so these pictures are mostly for my own memory.









I arrived safely in Boise on Wednesday afternoon for a nap on my own bed. GREAT times with Mom, Dad, JD and Chrissy over the next couple of days, and I squeezed in an evening with Emily and Colby, soon to be married in October. :) Dad and I packed the bearings in the trailer in preparation for the trip back to Boise with furniture from my room... felt good to learn something new and spend an afternoon with the Old Timer.

My friends from Willamette arrived late Friday night, so I met them for a swim on Saturday morning before we attended a wedding together. Congrats to Maddie and Jaime!

Ian, Caitlin, Tristan, Kelsey, Kellen, Adam, Maggie, Larkin




Tristan spilled bubbles everywhere.


Sarah, Maddie, Tina, and Tristan at the reception. (Botanical Gardens)


Mags


I left my Willamette buds to soak up the Boise night life while I enjoyed family and other friends at the Przybos 4th of July party for the rest of the evening. Sunday morning I woke up early for a two day visit to McCall--mountains, lake, forest, river... all just like I left them. I rafted all day Monday and did a lot of catching up with old friends before I returned to Boise to tear down my bedroom and pack it all into the trailer. THANKS MOM AND DAD!!!! We spent Wednesday driving, had lunch with Grandma on the way, and now I'm back in Salem with my bedroom nearly put together. Becky and I have a great apartment to come home to. :)

Time for a snooze.

1 comment:

Croc said...

Thanks for putting up the pics and the accompanying narrative... thoseheadstones are beginning to look like pillows...