Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TECHNOLOGY!

I've been doing allllll kinds of blogging lately for my Ed Tech class at the School of Education, and I thought I'd share the link in case you're interested in learning about some new technology. It's certainly blowing my mind! So, here's a taste of what I've been doing...

Larkin's Ed Tech Blog

Love you all and miss you a lot. I feel like a big metaphorical bomb was dropped on my today. Luckily, it's not a real bomb, I'm still standing, I will get through everything I have to get through, and I will remember to laugh and love and live in the moment. That's my goal, anyway. I'm really looking forward to this weekend's trip to Sundance, Utah for Emily and Colby's wedding! I leave from Portland tomorrow evening and arrive in Salt Lake just in time for Em to pick me up and head to Sundance. I'm organizing a bachelorette party for her on Thursday night... tasteful, wholesome, female fun! Friday is the day for decorating, rehearsing, dining, and more partying. Saturday is the day of vowing and receiving (get it? reception?) the newlyweds--I get to sing a couple of songs throughout! There will be a repeat performance of "Heavenly Day" as Em walks down the aisle, and a first-time performance of "I Should Have Known Better" (Beatles cover. We'll be singing it in the style of She and Him) during Em and Colby's first dance. Sunday is a travel day, which means I'll be creating assessments and writing lesson plans... deep breaths...

What's new on the other home fronts across the country and around the world? I'd love a phone call or an e-mail. I've certainly be low on contact with loved ones since that magic day in August when this whirlwind called the Willamette University Master of Arts in Teaching program began.

No comments: