Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shout Out to Blogland

A few wise words from Grandma (Great Grammar J) got my little brain spinning tonight, with a bit of help from a busy schedule and big decisions coming up. Her parting words were, "May the wind be at your back," which reminded me that the breeze has to be in my face from time to time just to make sure I appreciate the little boosts from tail winds.

I just got word that my rent is going up, and I have the option to sign on for another year-long lease or continue with a month-to-month plan, which is going to be even more expensive. I'd been pondering a move, and this seems like just the kick in the pants to get me pondering more seriously! So, I have my name out to a few places and I'll wait to hear back about new living arrangements some time in the next couple of weeks. I don't look forward to hauling my self and my stuff to another place (I've grown fond of the view, the balcony, and the parking), but lighter bills and a fresh locale might not be so bad.

I'm also busy promoting myself to local high schools as an English teacher with hopes of having a position for the 2010-2011 school year. I let my candle burn out after waiting to hear back about my #1 choice -- I interviewed, they said one week, I waited two -- but I had a nice voicemail from the principal this morning, asking if I was interested in a finalist interview. You betcha! Now I have a Tuesday deadline, newfound hope, and another notch on my experience belt. And, there's another job posted at the school in which I did my student teaching. As Grammar J says, sometimes time ticks away at a snail's pace, and sometimes it can't be slowed! I couldn't wait to hear back about that first (and only available) job, and now my top two are ripe for the pickin'.

Moral of the story: Grandma knows best. :)

2 comments:

Croc said...

Grammer J knows best... I guess she means my mother!

Unknown said...

Yes, she does, and I was too stubborn to realize it at your age.
Da Ma