Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Transformers and Simpsons

Anyel and Laura and I ventured out last night... to a movie! $3 per person in a very high-quality theatre. We watched Transformers, dubbed in spanish and without subtitles. It's probably a good thing that we watched it in spanish, because I don't think I would have been able to stomach the dialogue between the used-to-be Disney superstar and the I'm-wearing-too-much-makeup-and-not-enough-clothing chica. Nevertheless, we enjoyed it very much! It brought me back to my childhood, playing cars and legos and construction with JD in the family room. I remembered our old green couch, the orange chair, and the old compartment beneath the TV where we used to store the pillows.

My host sister and brother looove the Simpsons, so they want to take me to see Simpsons, the Movie. We'll see about that... we watched an episode on TV and it just wasn't the same without the voices. Also, I'm missing a lot of that vocabulary, and I think I struggle to understand the jokes in english!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:>), big time. And Middlesex is a great book! Glad you're reading it. Amazing story. You delight me enormously - thanks again for all you're doing to share your experiences with us...

Big hugs!