Well... we made it through the chaos. The game was such a great view into the culture, and we learned a few new swear words! It was absolutely packed in the general section, and I really wish I would have felt comfortable taking my camera, because it was somethin' else. Thousands of yellow jerseys, men peeing on the concrete walls behind where we were standing, two very strong rainstorms, thousands of umbrellas opening simultaneously, a HUGE Ecuador flag stretched over an entire section of probably 8,000 people, lots of singing, lots of chanting "sí se puede," and plenty of country pride. By our standards it was absolutely chaotic, but we had a fabulous time. The game wasn't too great--Ecuador spent 3/4 of the time missing shots and lost 1-0, but there were lots of other things to watch. And now we can say we went! It turns out Katherine, a cousin (I think) won the $18 from our family betting. That little traitor... she was thrilled!
"Vamos ecuatorianos. Esta noche tenemos que ganar."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You make me laugh! That little traitor - Ho ho! Imagine what her family is saying!
Post a Comment