
This is Mike at the peak, surrounded by clouds and leftover snow.

Anyel and me on the way down. We'd finally reached a place where it was safe to walk normally, instead of squatting and clinging to the rocks. It got pretty slippery and was very steep towards the top. The hail stung pretty bad on the back of our hands, and it was amazing how quick and strong it came upon us. WILD! The good thing was that it didn't get us wet, because it just bounced right off. The trail, however, was plenty slippery and muddy the rest of the way. My red and white-ish shoes are now good and brown, along with my socks.
I'm sore! All of the muscles and joints in my legs and lower back have been screaming at me today. Good reminder of the hard work and fun we had yesterday! I think this hiking thing is something I could learn to appreciate.
1 comment:
Dou you suppose we'll see any of that white stuff on The Inca Trail?
Post a Comment