Like always, a little bit of difficulty getting registered, but I'm sittin' pretty for next semester. Statistics, Shakespeare, The American Novel, Racial Justice Movements, Step Aerobics, and a tutoring program with the Chemawa Indian School. The Shakespeare class is with one of my favorite English professors, and my advisor, Gretchen Moon... she looooves teaching Shakespeare! The American Novel class will be taught by a visiting professor, Vaughn Raspberry, who is working on his doctorate. I gave him a tour of campus last spring, and I've heard he's having a lot of fun on campus. Emily Drew, one of my anti-racist sheroes, is teaching the Racial Justice Movements class. Don't know about Statistics, and am not too concerned with Step Aerobics. And the Chemawa program should be another amazing learning opportunity for me--we have class once a week, and tutor one night a week on the reservation. I'm excited to be back at Willamette!
MONDAYS:
9:10-10:10am Statistics
12:40-1:40pm Shakespeare, the Comedies
2:30-4:00pm Racial Justice Movements in the US
TUESDAYS:
9:40-10:40am Step Aerobics
2:30-4:00pm The American Novel: Twilight Jim Crow
WEDNESDAYS:
9:10-10:10am Statistics
12:40-1:40pm Shakespeare, the Comedies
2:30-4:00pm Racial Justice Movements in the US
4:00-5:00pm Chemawa Indian School Partnership Program
THURSDAYS:
9:40-10:40am Step Aerobics
2:30-4:00pm The American Novel: Twilight Jim Crow
FRIDAYS:
9:10-10:10am Statistics
12:40-1:40pm Shakespeare, The Comedies
About USFQ... I turned in my final portfolio for History yesterday and presented the creative portion of it. I should know next week how it went "officially," but I felt very comfortable presenting. No script, no notes, just my pictures and my thoughts. It felt like good closure for that class, and she's letting me keep my blown-up pictures. We'll have some art for our house!
Today, I woke up early to bake before Mariana arrived--banana bread for us, for Mariana, and for Mensajeros. Lindsey and I are going to say our final goodbyes today after lunch and drop off some goodies. Then, Anyel and I will make cookies to say thank-you to various families and special people in Ecuador.
Absolutely surreal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment