Wednesday, November 28, 2007

¿Qué me pasa?


Tonight I am overwhelmingly sad and pensive. We had a beautiful final visit to Mensajeros, but it left me feeling like I am losing or leaving a huge part of myself behind. I stood in the hallway with Pancho today, holding hands as he leaned in and out, resting his head on my chest, then pulling on my hands as he leaned back toward the wall. Later we sat on the floor and he played with the pedals of Meleni's new bike, and I realized it was the first time I've ever seen him play with anything. In the 3 months of visiting that apartment, he has never been able to just play. I love, love, love that young man. He has his own special way of showing affection, and I will miss that very much.


I wonder if Maria will remember me like I will remember her, all smiles and ready for anything.

The last hug.

I am so bummed.

3 comments:

Ry Yeo! said...

I wanna see you so bad dear Larkin. I wanna come to camp so bad dear Larkin. Let's look into this further.

love, Ryan.

Ry Yeo! said...

You're full of love Larkin. Keep loving.

Anonymous said...

Hey you - you've got some emotional roller-coastering coming up...and it's all part of the incredible experience you're having. Hang in there - I know you will. This big virtual hug gets replaced by a real one in a week! Love ya!