Today in 6th period Lit Support we decided to read for the first portion of the period, rather than the last. When I made the announcement, these were their remarks:
"Can we read for an hour today?"
"Yeah, because I really want to finish this book."
"Why not the whole period? Can we just keep going?"
"This is the first book I've ever wanted to finish."
"Smith, why don't we just read all day every day in this class?"
This class has had a magical vibe since day one, and this is the most joy I've ever seen about reading! It's also a good reminder that I don't have to be, can't be, and shouldn't be the sole depositor/facilitator of learning and knowledge for students. Often, what they need is for me to get outta the way! I will be collecting these kinds of gems for my own hope and happiness for years to come.
Wahoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment