Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Precious Moments: January-March 2011

#38: "I did it! I finally passed!"

#39: During a survival skills quiz, student announces, "I gotta warn you guys. I watch a lot of Discovery Channel shows."

#40: 43 students passing the OAKS test by February 23rd

#41: Portable 13
ME: "I really like you guys."
Students: "We like you, too."

#42: Reading Life in Prison with Portable 13... 100% engagement for 60 minutes.

#43: Bryant explaining that he's not a "bad" kid; he just doesn't like to be disrespected.

#44: Calling home to share amazing acts of leadership, kindness, dedication...

#45: Dropping by after school to invite me to Jazz Night.

#46: 63% of juniors have passed, which is up from 42% at the beginning of the year! McKay has twice the growth of any other school in reading scores.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those statistical improvements are impressive. Right up there with "We like you, too." Every day brings you something else to be joyful about, and something new to work on, doesn't it?

Ma

Croc said...

These reports from the frontlines of learning speak volumes. Great stats!